Monday, July 26, 2010

Nerf N-Strike Nitefinder EX-3 Review

The Nerf Nitefinder is one of the most common of the N-Strike arsenal. It's simple in it's most basic form, but it has a bit of a trick up it's sleeve- the light beam target.

The advantages:
The Nitefinder is a blast to use, with a smooth cocking mechanism and a nice range. The sight also is adjustable, which helps. It also works as a cool backup blaster in a Nerf war. It also has a very confortable grip and a nice feel in the trigger.

The disadvantages:
Honestly, there are nearly as many disadvantages as advantages. The main one is the light beam target looks great, but the same can't be said for function, because the dart goes nowhere near the dot. It also eliminates stealth.

The Specs:
The Nitefinder is 25.6 x 19.3 x 6.2 cm. It weighs 332 grams, making it very maneuverable. It has a claimed range when used with whistler darts of 35 feet. It costs $13.

To Conclude:
Finally, I think the Nitefinder has a nice appeal to many people, as it's cheap and the light beam target is fun, albeit a bit gimmicky. As much as I like this blaster, I really am forced to give it 3/5!

Please also note that this was an old review and I have since grown as a Nerfer and find this to be one of the best sidearms around. I apologize if you find it a bit n00by.

6 comments:

  1. Actually, I find that the nerf streamline darts suck. They are too squishy, don't go as far, and are too light. However, I found a really weird way of making them stronger. Go to a pool with chlorine, dip the dart in a few times, let it dry out in the sun, and PRESTO! It should be much more strong, and it should look a little pale, perfect for finding your darts after a nerf war!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. The reason I find Streamlines are good is that they are are compatible with clips, they work ok and they are better at hitting targets at closer ranges in my opinion. I like your trick, though. I haven't tried it, but it seems good. I haven't got around to making my own darts yet, but if I do, They would probably be way better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something about water and sun makes the foam harden, making less frequent jams, and makes it go further!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I modded one of my nite finders to where I cut out the air restrictor, and in doing that, also cut out the little stick so you can load streamline darts also. The reason streamline darts don't fit into EX (external priming) guns is because it's tip goes way far down into the foam. The reason for this is that there isn't a lot of weight in the front, so to make up for the weight they added more surface for glue. If you pull of the front of a streamline dart and a suction dart and put them side by side, you'll see why they don't go into the nite finder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that! I have stripped a screw on the Nitefinder, so I can't get back into it. But since I stretched the spring and reinstalled it, it now shoots about 35 -40 feet at a slight angle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. accually if you take the air restrictors out of the nitefinder it can fire streamlines, and it can fire them quite well

    ReplyDelete