Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Secret Strike AS-1 Review


A while back I was in the area where the Nerf stuff it kept in my local Kmart store. I saw a lot of different guns, including a Longshot Cs-6. I knew I was only there for a look, but when my eyes rested on the Secret Strike AS-1, I just had to have it. I was only $3, and for that price, as they're always there, I going to get a few more.

They come out of the box with the gun itself, 2 suction darts and a pre-attached pocket clip. It also has a cardboard target on the back of the box, but I couldn't be bothered cutting it out, so I threw it away. The gun itself is extremely small and it will shoot any kind of dart. The range is good, but I don't really do range tests, but in feet, as most range tests are done, I would say that it would shoot 35 feet with Streamline darts. It would shoot less with the included Suction darts, but. Another thing is that the darts, especially Streamlines, fishtail heaps, ruining the guns precise accuracy.

The great range and power of the gun owes itself to the air power, denoted by AS in the gun's name. The only thing wrong with air powered Nerf guns is that they require a bit of pumping to fill the tank. In the Secret Strike, you're going to need to pump around 7 times, but if you were shooting your friends with darts, this would only be a last resort to stop them from shooting you. Also, don't let the guns small size trick you into thinking it's easy to pump- it's about as hard to pump as a Magstrike.

Finally, for the money, I think this is a great Nerf blaster. It is the cheapest Nerf gun, but if you have never tried a Nerf gun before and think it sounds fun, try this gun and get ready for a lot of fun! Image courtesy of www.gadgetsarefun.org

1 comment:

  1. Its an okay gun, but not great. My favourite pistol is the nightfinder. And my favourite primary? My modded recon. It looks kinda like a g3!

    ReplyDelete