Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I have the Clear Raider CS-35!!!

I got the brand new Nerf Raider CS-35 CLEAR EDITION! I got it out of layby yesterday- and I must say it's awesome! Okay, lets start from the beginning. I am desperately after the Recon CS-6 when I suddenly relise after searching everywhere for it, that because at that time it was 'toy sale season' and everyone would be sold out! I really wanted a new blaster, so I looked at my local K-Mart store and I found one on these. Since I didn't have $60 spare lying around, I laybyed it and a few weeks later I got it out!

I was immensely excited about this! A Clear Series blaster- mine!! It works great, but the only concern I have is the Slamfire jams easy and if you don't realise and keep pumping, it will shred a dart every time you pump. I have already destroyed 6 darts this way!

Stay tuned for more updates and a proper review...

UPDATE- A lot more than 6 darts have been shredded by now!

9 comments:

  1. That sounds pretty cool! You gonna mod it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm probably not going to mod as the only internal mod I have tried on the air restricters of a Maverick went badly wrong. I mainly stick to the external mod like the Vulcan 50 belt and things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maverick is actually one of the harder ones to mod. AR removal is easier in other guns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! It was mt first gun too. If I was going to try again, what would be the best gun to do so?

    ReplyDelete
  5. For modding? Well, my first was the recon, but the nightfinder is very simple. Open it up, find the air-restrictor (Should be near the front) And cut it out. Thats all you really have to do. But recon's not bad, because the raider also has similar internals. But the recon is more difficult than nightfinder, for you have to be careful not to break the plunger when drilling out the air restrictor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll wait until I can afford to break a gun first. Then if it works, fine, but if it breaks you can afford to replace it. I still like looking at the modded guns on places like Nerf Haven and Modworks. I have a Secret Strike AS-1 too. Have you seen any modding tutorials for it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im sorry, i haven't seen any mods for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe you should post a picture or video of your clear raider! I would love to see it out of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to get around to it! I am really busy at the moment. If I can, I'll try to get a post about it up in the new few days!

    ReplyDelete