Saturday, March 5, 2011

Nerf Longstrike CS-6 Review

The Nerf Longstrike. What can I say... 1. I looks great 2.Well... That pretty much sums up the Nerf N-Strike Longstrike CS-6. While it has the looks covered it completely lacks that WOW! factor in the performance, and the actually use of it really lacks the realism of the Dragonouv sniper rifle look it really seems to be going for.

Firstly, the blaster itself looks superb. The lines may be sharp and angular, but they are extremely clean and crisp. The way the blaster looks and feels evokes thoughts of a sniper, a lone warrior hiding in the shadows. An assassin, preparing to take the shot of their life. An that's exactly what I do, but it does look quite funny when I'm discovered and when I fire, the darts seems to dribble out. This makes me looks like an utter idiot, and for that I don't use it in public any more. Full stop. And that neatly brings me on to the next topic.

As I said above, the ranges are a little weak, but you can get around that by just carrying it and not bothering to fire. But that sort of ruins the charm. The acual figures of range really put it into perspective: 15-20 feet. I'll just let the figures speak for themselves.

As you probably already know, the Loangstrike is a clip system blaster, which basically mean fast reload and minimal fuss. But that also limits the blaster to using streamline darts only, which ruins acuracy. They don't have enough power to fishtail, but that will annoy you no end with their little hole that makes them arc in any direction. One other awesome thing is that you can also carry up to 2 spare clips in the stock, which make for some extra ammo. Dispite this, there is only one six shot clip included with the blaster.

I honestly don't know how to sum up this blaster. All show, no go? I don't reckon that's it, as this blaser really is a ton of fun. I'd say the motto would be epic looks, epic fun. See- I didn't even metion the range. So that means I can comfortably say that woth this blaster, the range doesn't matter. There, I said it. On that bombshell, it's thime to end yet another review on TNB, so for my fans and followers, later. And for any newbys out there, comment and follow.

Rating:
8.5- Epic fun, Epic looks 

3 comments:

  1. i toatally dissagree. my longstrike shoots way farther than my longshot

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Really? Is it modded?
    The Longshot should out-shoot any reverse-plungered blaster due to it having a direct plunger. Maybe yours is defective?

    PS: Nice blog, you're doing a good job. I've got a couple of reviews on blasters you don't have, so maybe you'd like to check it out?
    cplnerf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, forget what I said above. I got a Longshot, and my Alpha Trooper beats it easy. Maybe mine is defective?

    ReplyDelete