Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nerf Spectre Review

It's taken me a while, but I finally bit the bullet and went out and picked myself up a Spectre. When I exited the checkout, thoughts from those who found the blaster boring and mundane started to enter me head. I had chosen this over the Alpha Trooper- was that the right thing to do? Only one way to find out!

Well, the Spectre is commonly referred to as a 'grown up'  Maverick. This is obviously because of there undeniable similarities- handgun revolver, pull-back action, flip out barrels etc. While that may seem the case, if you take a bit of a look deeper into the blasters design, you'll find a whole new way of thinking.

While the Spectre hold one less dart than the Maverick, this plays a vital role in minimization of size and weight. It is extremely thin, with barely any obvious, 'in your face', sort of protrusions. This makes it extremely easy to make duct tape holsters for- if your interested. Also, the grip is extremely comfortable, one of the best I have used from any manufacturer of foam blasters.

The performance of the blaster is very good. The barrel rotates on the priming action, rather than on the trigger pull, resulting in a quick, smooth mechanism. The priming action, on the other hand is slightly harder than, say a Maverick, but this shouldn't be a problem. Ranges are better than a stock Maverick, although I can't really do range tests, so I am unable to provide exact figures.

The accessories, to me, are barely more than decoration. The stock is rather small and slips out of my shoulder easily and the fake silencer doesn't silence anything. The stock is a better match for the Barricade or Alpha Trooper in my opinion. The silencer has a bigger ID than a Recon's, therefore takes away less of the range.

All in all, the blaster is very simple to operate and I'd recommend it to anyone, really. I'm not sure it should be your first blaster, but it should serve you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment