Friday, September 9, 2011

Rant: Vortex Ammo

I know I'm doing a lot of these rant posts lately, but I have been rather intrigued as to what all the fuss about the Vortex ammo is. Sure, they're disks, but who cares, they certainly have their upsides.

Firstly, for all the kids out there who like to shoot their blasters around the house, the lower velocity really helps prevent damage. The way that the disk spins means that it'll stay in the air for a good amount of time, but it won't knock stuff over as easily as darts. It will also hurt less, as velocity is directly related to how much any blaster hurts.

It'll also fix some of the problems more 'hardcore' Nerfers are fussed about. As more of a 'hardcore' than a casual Nerfer, I am a little fussy over ranges, therefore I like to mod. Due to little success in modding the blasters, many Nerfers have simply opted for stock. This fixes Nerf's problems with modding, as well as giving ranges not safely possible with darts.

I have seen the ammo in action myself and I have to say, it travels at a descent enough velocity. All the guys out there who say that they are easily dodge-able really need to step beck and have a look. If you were to put a Maverick and a Vigilon head to head on a chrono, there would be little difference.

To sum it up, I personally have no problem with the Vortex ammo, and I hope that it becomes more popular as time goes on. I'm also sure there can be plenty of new releases for the Vortex lineup, because there are some many great N-Strike designs that can be modified and made into Vortex. I can also ensure that Hasbro will do some great things with the lineup, so watch out.

Cheers,
Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment